April 4, 2023
What is General Pest Control in Malaysia?
PestBusters Malaysia General Pest Control Management Services:
Pest Management is a crucial part of your healthy life, food safety and sanitation programs. In a highly regulated industry, expectations on pest prevention and eradication are highly demanded, and treatment options are limited.
Our well-trained service specialists use proprietary technology that is customized to deliver high quality pest elimination for your needs.
PestBusters Malaysia provides services for many different pests including ants, bed bugs, brown dog ticks, cockroaches, termites, bees, cat fleas, flies, hornets, wasps, mosquitos, rodents, and more. If you notice any of the below pests in your home or business, give us a call. If you want to learn more about pests, check out some of these facts about pests:
- When you step on bugs they crunch because their skeleton is on the outside of their body.
- Insect bites/stings cause 500,000 people to be admitted to the emergency room.
- Without pest control, farmers would be in danger of losing over ½ their crops because pests could consume that much.
- Without pest control services, food sanitation, regulation, and health regulations would not be possible.
- There are 3,000 different kinds of insects — that is more than all the other plant and animal species combined.
- With all of the variety of insects, only 1% are considered to be harmful to humans.
- Many insects are beneficial and considered harmless. Example: We need bees to pollinate the flowers and plants; otherwise, they would not have a way to reproduce.
- Locusts have the ability to eat their own weight in food in a single day, whereas people eat their own body weight in about six months.
- Many insects create a chemical known as glycerol to replace their water in the winter months. Glycerol protects the insects against the cold by acting as antifreeze.
- Don’t be fooled by the name: Kissing bugs are not romantic. They bite and suck blood while their victim is sleeping.
- Ants don’t sleep
- When the only queen ant dies, the entire colony dies.
- Ants can lift up to 20 times its own body weight.
- There are approximately 1 million ants for every human.
- Ants move their jaws sideways, in a scissor-like motion, to get the juices from the food, because they can’t chew.
- It takes approximately 3-6 years for ant colonies to reach their full capacity of 2,000. Once this is achieved, satellite colonies are formed.
- Once the queen ant mates for the first time, she will lose her wings and never fly again.
- Ants can communicate with each other about many things, but more importantly danger and directions to food.
- More than ½ of homeowners said they have/had a problem with ants in the past.
- Bed bugs are more predominate now than they were 20 years ago.
- Honey queen bees emit a pheromone when they are dying that smells like a stranger bee, so all of the colony workers kill her.
- The honeybee has to travel an average of 43,000 miles to collect enough nectar to make a pound of honey!”
- A bee can fly up to 60 miles in order to gather food every day.
- Some caterpillars have the ability to mimic the markings of snakes so they can avoid becoming dinner for a predator.
- To avoid bats, night butterflies have ears on their wings.
- Monarch caterpillars will grow to over 2700 times their size. In order to do this, they must shed their skin four times before they become a chrysalis.
- The colors that we see on many butterflies are an illusion. The colors we see are created by the refraction of the light as it reflects off the surface.
- Caterpillars have over 4,000 muscles compared to humans that have 792.
- Cockroaches can still live for a few days with their heads being detached from their bodies.
- Praying mantises are related to cockroaches.
- 7-8% of the general public has some type of allergens to cockroaches.
- The third most common reason for childhood asthmas is cockroach allergen.
- Cockroaches and flies are among the filthiest/nastiest insects.
- Cockroaches carry millions of bacteria and pathogens.
- Cockroaches are older than dinosaurs by 80 million years! The earliest fossil of cockroaches is about 280 million years old.
- The most common roach is the German cockroach and it is found in and around apartments, homes, supermarkets and restaurants.
- Cockroaches can run up to three miles in an hour.
- In a single mating season, American cockroaches can produce 6-14 egg capsules of which each capsule contains 14-16 eggs each.
- Cockroaches will thirst to death before they starve to death. They can go without food for a solid month but can survive around a week without water.
- Alcoholic drinks, especially beer, attract the American cockroach.
- 1 out of every 4 people has some type of sensitivity to cockroaches.
- Even when an apartment or house has been closed up for extended periods of time, you can still get flea infestations. The clues for adult fleas to know that there is food nearby are the vibrations and carbon dioxide.
- Fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes can carry diseases to humans: malaria, yellow fever, plague, Lyme disease, West Nile Virus and now the Zika virus.
- A flea can jump 130 times its height.
- One adult flea can bite as much as 400 times per day.
- A housefly cannot digest anything other than liquid material. They liquefy their food to regurgitate what they are going to eat.
- Houseflies have taste buds on their feet so they can taste with their feet.
- Nearly 20% of the world’s food supply is consumed by rodents.
- Rodents are prime carriers for dangerous pests such as fleas, ticks, and mites. This creature carries diseases that are transmittable to humans and animals.
- Rat bites lead to diseases like rat bite fever, salmonella, the plague, trichinosis, and leptospirosis.
- A nest of mice can create 2,500 heirs in a six-month period.
- Between contamination and consumption, rats go through enough food each year to feed hundreds of millions of people.
- It only takes a hole the size of a nickel for a mouse to fit through.
- The life span of a mouse in 1-2 years. In contrast, they can produce 60 baby mice each year.
Contact us today for more information about general pest control.
Looking for the highest standard of pest control services in Malaysia?
Contact us now for immediate and long-lasting solutions.